- Planning the application
- Extending WordPress with a plugin
- Setting up the standalone application
- Configuring OAuth 2 in WordPress
- Building the task list view
- Building the new task view
- Creating a new task via the REST API
- Displaying conditional content
- Visualizing data using Graph.js
Skill Level Advanced
- [Instructor] Hello and welcome to WordPress REST API Building an Interactive Web App. My name is Morten Rand-Hendriksen and in this third course in the WordPress REST API series, I'll show you how to use the WordPress REST API to build an interactive standalone application. This course is project based. It builds on everything covered in the previous courses and the series to showcase how a real life standalone web based application can use the WordPress REST API to create a unique user experience while taking advantage of WordPress' many great features and keeping communications secure and private.
We'll start by exploring the app, we're going to build and put some plans in place. Next, we'll take a deep dive into WordPress plugin development to extend the functionality of WordPress by adding a custom post type with custom fields, a new user role and capabilities, and extending the REST API and for the main part of the course, we'll build an advanced interactive standalone web based application that consumes and delivers data to and from the WordPress REST API over a secured authenticated connection. The WordPress REST API breaks down the walls of what is possible with WordPress and this course is designed to show you how to take full advantage of this new freedom.
I'm here to show you how to get it right, so let's get cracking with WordPress REST API Building an Interactive Web App.
1. Plan the Application
2. Extend WordPress with a Plugin
3. Set Up the Standalone Application
Review of user flow2m 34s
4. Build the Task List View
5. Build the New Task View
6. Build the Update/View Task View
7. Bonus Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.