- View Offline
- Figuring out what to back up on your WordPress site
- Installing and activating Backup to Dropbox
- Setting up automatic backups
- Accessing backups from Dropbox
- Creating a custom backup job with BackWPup
- Restoring your WordPress site from a backup
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen, staff author at Lynda.com, and I'm excited to welcome you to WordPress Plugins: Backing Up Your Site. In this course, we'll look at two plugins that allow you to set up and schedule custom backups for your site to be stored on Dropbox and other services. I'll also walk you through the process of restoring a broken or hacked site from a backup. First, we'll look at why backing up your WordPress site is important, and what you need to back up.
Then, we'll install the WordPress Backup to Dropbox plugin to configure simple backups to your Dropbox account. Next, we'll look at the more advanced BackWPup plugin and see how to create different backup jobs and make a more customized backup routine. And finally, I'll walk you through the step-by-step process of restoring your site from a backup. So let's get cracking with WordPress Plugins: Backing Up Your Site.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.