Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Adding a food menu page
- Customizing fonts, colors, and navigation
- Adding a contact form and reservations widget with Jetpack
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen, and this is WordPress DIY: Restaurant Website. In this part of the WordPress DIY series, we're building a website for a restaurant from scratch, using WordPress, a free theme, and two free plugins. By the end of the course, you'll have you're own custom website to support your restaurant or food establishment, and you'll have the framework to further extend and customize your site to fit your own needs and desires. We'll start off by planning out the content of the site, what is required, what needs to be created, and where does everything go.
Then, we'll install a new theme and customize the appearance of the site to make the content stand out and provide a great user experience for your visitors. Next, we'll use two well-crafted free plugins to add new features to the site, including an advanced restaurant food menu and an online reservation system, and finally, I'll give you some tips on testing and securing your site and your content. Your journey to building your own website starts here, so let's get crackin' with WordPress DIY: Restaurant Website.
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form4m 25s
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.