- Declaring support for default block styles
- Adding support and styles for wide alignment
- Supporting theme-specific colors and fonts
- Extending block styles
- Adding new style variations
Skill Level Beginner
- [Morten] Wordpress 5.0 introduced a whole new concept to Wordpress and the web, the block editor. With the block editor, every piece of content becomes its own block with its own unique properties and abilities. This grants the people who publish content with Wordpress a whole new level of control and customization. It also opens the door to more advanced customization of themes, to take advantage of what blocks have to offer to create truly unique user experiences. That's what this course is about. I'm going to show you how to make all your themes, whether new or old, not only support the new block editor, but add new features to the new block editor in a safe way.
The block editor opens new and exciting opportunities for designers, developers, and end users, and I'm here to show you how to get block integration in themes right, so let's get crackin'.