In this video, explore the benefits of AMP by Google.
- [Narrator] Most days I check one of my favorite websites … around lunchtime. … I like to see the news, articles and comments. … And while I love the site, every time I click a link … to open a new tab, there's so much stuff on that page … from ads to polls to widgets, that it slows down my browser. … So much so that I actually can't do anything. … I'm forced to sit there for a second or two … while my browser gets a massive amount of data … from the server. … Processing speeds and broadband speeds have increased, … but we're adding so many features to our sites, … that there's still a ton of data, … which makes websites slow, especially on mobile. … Google has done some research and 53% of people … will leave a site that fails to load in three seconds. … That's why Google is backing an open source project … called AMP, which stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages. … Think of it as a subset of HTML, where it restricts … the very slow things from being sent to your browser. … Some websites have seen a four times speed increase …
- Keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Installing Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress: Developing Secure Siteswith Jeff Starr2h 38m Intermediate
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. All in One SEO Pack
3. WordPress SEO by Yoast
4. WordPress SEO by Yoast Settings
5. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.