Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Why we need AMP, part of WordPress Plugins: SEO.
- [Instructor] Most days, I check out one…of my favorite websites around lunch time.…I like to see the news, articles, and comments.…And while I love the site, every time I click…a link to open a tab, there is so much stuff…on the page from ads, to polls, to widgets,…that it slows down my browser.…So much so, that I actually can't do anything…and I'm forced to sit there for a second or two.…Processing speeds have increased, but we're putting…so much on our sites, that there's still…a ton of sites that are really slow, especially on mobile.…Google's done some research.…And 53% of people will leave a site…that fails to load in three seconds.…
That's why Google is backing…the open source project called AMP, or A-M-P,…which stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages.…Think of it as a subset of HTML,…where it restricts the very slow things…from being sent to your browser.…Some websites have seen a four-times speed increase,…which is pretty amazing.…And that speed increase does all sorts…of things, like increase e-commerce conversions.…
- Considering keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Preventing confusion with tags and categories
- Installing and activating Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. SEO All in One Pack
3. Yoast SEO
4. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.