Multisite empowers teachers create and efficiently manage multiple WordPress based course sites, create custom course templates and create a learner centered environment for your classroom.
- [Voiceover] WordPress is an incredible tool…for using in your classroom,…but teachers rarely teach only one course,…and odds are pretty good that you're going to have…more than a few students in your class.…While it's technically possible to manage a single…WordPress site that supports multiple courses,…or students, by using categories,…tags, pages, plugins,…custom themes, and user roles,…the experience of using and managing a complex site…like this is often overly confusing,…and quite painful.…
The whole point of adopting technology in our classrooms…is to improve the learning experience,…not add confusion to it.…Most campuses have adopted a Learning Management System,…and regardless of if you love them,…or hate them,…they do offer the distinct advantage of having…a private space to conduct the business of your course…that must remain behind closed doors,…such as grades,…but they also provide a consistent user experience…for both teachers and students.…
Many teachers have begun adopting WordPress as a core tool…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.