Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video When you should use a settings page, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Voiceover] One of the first examples we're going to…go through is how to add a settings page.…But, very quickly before we continue…I'm going to turn off the example plugin…and the hooks plugin.…Just so that they're not cluttering up the admin.…Now I'm going to go to WooCommerce, settings,…and we can see that there's…a whole bunch of settings options here.…There's different tabs, and there's even different subtabs.…Now if you're developing a custom plugin for your client,…you don't always need a settings page.…
They might tell you exactly how they want it programmed,…and you can program it just like that, just hard-code it in.…But what I've found is that I'm often developing…custom functionality that's very similar…to other custom functionality that I've already developed.…So whenever I'm developing something custom for a client…I like to build in a settings page.…That way I can tweak a few things without touching the code,…and I can share these custom plugins between clients.…Now if your plugin only has, let's say, one or two settings,…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.