Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video When to modify shipping prices, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Instructor] If you build enough ecommerce sites,…you're going to see all sorts of requests about shipping,…some of which are going to be really easy to implement…and some of which would take dozens of hours.…One client will want free shipping over a certain threshold.…Another client will want to charge $1 for small items…and $10 for large items.…And another client will want…to charge 10 for the first item, four for the second,…$2 for the third, and so on.…Now, the good news is that WooCommerce handles a lot…of these out of the box.…
The first example with free shipping can be handled…in WooCommerce Core.…The free shipping method should work…for just about every client.…The second example with two different shipping costs…per item can be handled by using shipping classes,…which are included in WooCommerce Core,…but many people don't know it's there.…And the third example with the diminishing price per item…can handled with table rate shipping.…If you get anything more complex,…you may have to custom code something.…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.