Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video When to customize the edit product page, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Instructor] We've talked about adding a Settings page,…and this is useful for site-wide settings.…But if you have settings that apply…to individual products,…you'll likely want to configure…and save those on the Edit product page.…Now, there are a couple of places…you could display these settings.…If you've never customized or extended another plugin,…you may think it's best to add a custom meta box.…Lots of plugins add custom meta boxes to various pages.…If you're using Yoast SEO,…you'll see that it adds its own…fancy meta box right about down here.…
And if you're adding a brand-new type of data…to pages, posts, or products,…that's probably a good idea.…But when you're customizing or…tweaking existing functionality,…it's a best practice to build your customizations…right next to the original settings.…So let's say you want to add some…information to the Product page,…you want to add delivery instructions.…For smaller items, you don't need to say anything,…but for larger items like a couch,…you can't just leave that on the doorstep.…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.