Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of WordPress: Ecommerce.
- Before you get started with this course, there are a few things you should know. This course is all about adding ecommerce functionality to a WordPress site. I won't be discussing installing or setting up WordPress, so it would be very helpful if you already had experience with WordPress. If you haven't had any experience, you should check out the course WordPress Essential Training, here at lynda.com. If you already have experience with ecommerce, that's great. If you're just getting started, and this will be your first experience with ecommerce, don't fret, I will cover everything you need to know to start adding ecommerce functionality to your WordPress site.
To start, you need to understand the market for your product or service so you can build your website around it. So Patrick Rauland kicks off with some key questions that will help you define your audience and organize your products. He'll then help you set up a payment gateway with PayPal or Stripe, ship orders, collect taxes, and secure sensitive data. And if you weren't convinced already, Patrick reviews the benefits of WordPress ecommerce tools as well as a selection of third-party tools that integrate beautifully with WordPress. Plus, get bonus tips on marketing your new website: attracting and retaining customers and increasing the value of the average order.
- Defining your audience
- Organizing your products
- Marketing your WordPress site
- Increasing average order value
- Getting paid
- Checking out with PayPal or Stripe
- Managing and shipping orders
- Collecting tax
- Protecting sensitive data
- Using WordPress or third-party platforms for ecommerce