Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Instructor] I've broken this course down into different areas of WooCommerce and each chapter will focus on a specific area, so one chapter will be about Settings, another be about Products and another about the Checkout and so on. To get the most out of this course, you should have a website with WooCommerce installed. It could be a live production site or it could be a test site where you're working locally. For this course, we'll be using a local website, so we don't have to worry about transferring files via FTP. If you don't know how to set up WooCommerce, I highly recommend you check out my previous course, WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce as well as WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themes.
You'll also need to know how to create a WordPress plugin, how to use the WordPress hook system, including actions and filters, and you'll also want to know how to browse through a plugins code. If you need a refresher on any of these, I highly recommend WordPress: Understanding Custom Plugins with PHP by Carrie Dils.
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.