Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] Before we get going, there are a few things that you should know. The first, Easy Digital Downloads is often called EDD for short, so if you hear me say that, just know that it means Easy Digital Downloads. If you're brand new to WordPress and you've never used it before, then I recommend WordPress Essential Training here in the library, because you're going to need to know how to create pages, posts, change your blog title, etc., so make sure you know the basics. Since this is a technical course, we're going to cover how to do something, like how to sign up for a newsletter.
But we're not going to spend too much time talking about why you'd want to have a newsletter in the first place. If you want to know a little bit more about eCommerce fundamentals, checkout WordPress: Ecommerce in the library. Most of this course will cover the free software available on wordpress.org, but there will be the occasional lesson that covers premium add-ons. Premium, meaning you have to buy them. I'll clearly point out any premium plugins that we use in this course. It'll only be a couple of lessons. Whether you get any premium plugins or not, you'll still be able to develop a fully-functional store at the end of this course.
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.