Sometimes you want to have flexible, repeatable fields, like when adding recipes to a website. The number of ingredients and instructions can vary, so you want to account for that. There's no set number of fields, just a format defined for them. In this video, discover what advanced data you want to display in a repeater, specifically, relational fields to link related posts.
- [Instructor] One of the most powerful features … of ACF PRO is the repeater field. … This field allows you to create a set of sub fields, … which, as the name implies, can be repeated. … Let's look at a simple example. … Let's say you have a recipe website. … Most recipes follow a similar format. … Necessary ingredients … followed by the steps to create the meal. … Each set of ingredients is different. … You'll have quantities, measurements and items. … You'll also have a variable number of ingredients … depending on the recipe. … We can use a repeater field here … to make our recipes more flexible, as well as searchable … by setting up one field with sub fields … for quantity, measurement and ingredient. … We can also select a sub field … to show when the row is collapsed, … so that it doesn't just look like a blank field. … We can set a minimum and maximum number of rows. … And we can change the layout. … So if you have a lot of fields in this repeater, … a table layout might not be the best, …
- What are custom fields?
- Creating field groups
- Adding content to fields
- Displaying fields on a child theme
- Creating and displaying repeater fields
- Creating a submission form
- Creating a Gutenberg block with PHP only
- Writing rules for field display
- Organizing fields
- Exporting field groups
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started with ACF
2. Creating Field Groups with ACF
Field types overview3m 48s
3. Displaying Your Fields
4. Working with Data in ACF
5. Creating a Gutenberg Block
6. Cleaning Up the Admin
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.