Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video What to know before watching this course, part of WordPress: Backing Up Your Site.
- [Instructor] In this course, I'll show you how to use three different plugins to back up your self-hosted WordPress site to a third party hosting service. To be able to use either of these plugins, you need a self-hosted WordPress site with admin access and access to the server management application from your web host. In particular, you need full access to an FTP account, as well as a database management tool, like phpMyAdmin. What database management tool is offered by your host, depends on the hosting provider, but phpMyAdmin is the most common one.
The course assumes you already know how to install managed plugins from the WordPress admin panel. If not, or if you want a refresher on how to use everyone's favorite web publishing application, I urge to check out my course, WordPress Essential Training. This course provides an in-depth look at how to set up and manage your own WordPress site, and how to install and manage plugins. That really is all you need to know to watch this course.
- Figuring out what to back up on your WordPress site
- Installing and activating plugins
- Setting up automatic backups
- Accessing and managing backups
- Configuring third-party destinations
- Restoring your WordPress site from a backup