Learn how to use analytics to discover how people get to your WordPress site and where they go when they get there.
- Most of us build websites to do a specific job, either spreading the word, getting leads for your business, or maybe even taking sales online. Analytics is what you use to measure your success. It tells you what's working and what's not. Hi, I'm Patrick Rauland. I've been building websites for over eight years, and I like proving that my websites are doing the job that I designed them for. In this course, I'm going to show you the different types of analytics services out there and when you would use each one.
And then we're going to go through the steps of installing and configuring WordPress.com stats and Google Analytics. By the end of this course, you'll be able to measure and gauge how well your website is doing, so let's jump in.
- Getting your site ready for analytics
- Installing and activating Jetpack
- Viewing your stats
- Installing and activating MonsterInsights
- Connecting your Google Analytics account
- Viewing stats in WordPress and Google Analytics
- Sending ecommerce data
- Reviewing user-level analytics