Secure your WordPress site with some basic site configuration, code updates, and free plugins. Learn how to fight spam, bots, and hacking with these simple WordPress security tips.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] Hello, I'm Jeff Starr. Welcome to WordPress: Developing Secure Sites. It was recently reported that WordPress sites make up over 25 percent of the entire internet. That's pretty amazing, if you think about it. One of the downsides to this popularity is that WordPress is a huge target for malicious attacks, exploits and spam. In this course, I'll show you how to protect your site against a wide variety of threats. First, we'll cover essential security steps such as: backing up and restoring, setting secure passwords and choosing trusted plugins.
We'll also explore how to increase security by monitoring user activity, scanning for exploits, and securing the WordPress admin area. Then we'll move on to more advanced topics such as: stopping hotlinking, setting up a firewall, and blocking proxy servers and bad bots. Now, more than ever securing your site against threats is mission critical for succeeding on the web. Join me in WordPress: Developing Secure Sites and I'll show you how to keep your WordPress site safe and secure.
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
AngularJS and WordPress: Building a Single-Page Applicationwith Roy Sivan31m 52s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.