Build a WordPress ecommerce site that matches your brand. Learn to customize WooCommerce themes with hooks, template overrides, PHP, and CSS.
- View Offline
- If you built an eCommerce site in the early 2000s, you were only one of a few. And you didn't have to do much other than include an Add to Cart button on your site. Now, there are millions of eCommerce sites, and to stand out, you need to have a site that's as unique as your brand. I'm Patrick Rauland, I've built WooCommerce sites, developed some of the core functionality, as well as managed several WooCommerce releases. I do this because I love helping entrepreneurs build businesses. In this course, I'm gonna show you how to customize every detail of your WooCommerce site.
We'll customize the Shop page, the Product page, the Cart, and the Checkout. To do all of this, we'll use CSS, PHP and Hooks. By the end of the course, you should be able to develop a unique theme for your WooCommerce store, to better represent your brand, and help you make more money. Alright, let's jump in.
This course covers the fundamentals of building custom WooCommerce themes. Learn about using WooCommerce hooks, template overrides, PHP, and CSS to style the different store pages, and add custom imagery and icons to fit your branding. Author Patrick Rauland also introduces UX design techniques that encourage customers to buy, such as highlighting savings and adding social media icons for sharing.
- Selecting a base theme
- Matching theme colors
- Overriding and updating WooCommerce templates
- Using hooks
- Modifying your product page: images, tabs, icons, and more
- Modifying the shop page, including customer savings
- Modifying the checkout page
- A/B testing your changes