Build a great website for your volunteer group, club, church, or other community organization with WordPress. No previous WordPress experience required!
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen, and this is WordPress DIY: Community Website. In this part of the WordPress DIY series we're building a website for a community from scratch using WordPress, a free theme and a handful of free plugins. We'll start off by planning the content of the site, what is required, what needs to be created, and where does everything go. Then, we'll install a new theme and customize the appearance of the site to make the content stand out and provide a great user experience for the visitor.
Next, we'll use a couple of well crafted plugins to add new features to the site, including a community forum, an events calendar, members only areas, and advanced contact forms. And finally, I'll give you some tips on testing and securing your site and your content. Your journey to building your own community website starts here, so let's get crackin' with WordPress DIY: Community Website.
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.