Learn how to build an online store with WordPress, using WordPress ecommerce plugins and a selection of third-party tools.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Patrick Rauland, and welcome to WordPress Ecommerce. In this course we'll look at everything that goes into an ecommerce website. I'll start by showing you how to define your audience and create a website for a particular customer. Then I'll show you how to get customers to your site. I'll discuss various methods for attracting new customers and retaining repeat customers. There are many ways to accept payments online. I'll demonstrate various platforms and payment gateways so you can see how to accept online payments using services like Stripe and PayPal. We'll be covering all of these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques, like third party plug ins, selling on Amazon, and so much more.
Now let's get started with WordPress Ecommerce.
To start, you need to understand the market for your product or service so you can build your website around it. So Patrick Rauland kicks off with some key questions that will help you define your audience and organize your products. He'll then help you set up a payment gateway with PayPal or Stripe, ship orders, collect taxes, and secure sensitive data. And if you weren't convinced already, Patrick reviews the benefits of WordPress ecommerce tools as well as a selection of third-party tools that integrate beautifully with WordPress. Plus, get bonus tips on marketing your new website: attracting and retaining customers and increasing the value of the average order.
- Defining your audience
- Organizing your products
- Marketing your WordPress site
- Increasing average order value
- Getting paid
- Checking out with PayPal or Stripe
- Managing and shipping orders
- Collecting tax
- Protecting sensitive data
- Using WordPress or third-party platforms for ecommerce
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
1. Understanding Your Market
2. Marketing Your Site
3. Selling Products
4. Shipping, Orders, and Taxes
5. Securing Your Site
Protecting sensitive data2m 33s
6. Using WordPress for Ecommerce
7. Testing and Optimization
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.