Learn how to use WordPress to build a beautiful and accessible website that can be used by people with all different types of abilities.
- Hello, I'm Joe Dolson, and welcome to Accessibility for WordPress. In this course I'm going to introduce you to the topic of web accessibility, with a special emphasis on how to think about web accessibility when working with the WordPress content management system. You'll get a broad introduction to assistive technology, and the needs of people with disabilities, but also a concentrated look at what you can do in WordPress to ensure that your themes, plug ins, and content are all accessible and usable.
So let's get started with Accessibility for WordPress.
This course, merging WordPress coding with accessible web design techniques, helps you make sure your website meets modern accessibility standards. You'll learn how to use the power of WordPress to quickly build a beautiful and accessible website that can be used by people with different types of abilities. Author Joe Dolson provides a broad introduction to accessibility and then focuses on practical steps to make sure your WordPress themes, plugins, and content are accessible and usable to all.
- What is web accessibility?
- Understanding the benefits of accessibility
- Building accessible forms
- Adhering to theme guidelines
- Creating accessible navigation
- Working with images, media, and other accessible content
- Integrating plugins
- Testing your site for accessibility