Create a website for your freelance or independent business: do it yourself (DIY) with WordPress.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen and this is WordPress DIY: Freelance or Independent Website. In this part of the WordPress DIY series, we're building a website for a freelancer or independent consultant or creative from scratch, using WordPress, a free theme, and a handful of free plugins. And you'll have the framework to further extend and customize your site to fit your own needs and desires. We'll start off by planning out the content of the site, what is required, what needs to be created, and where does everything go.
Then, we'll install a new theme and customize the appearance of the site to make the contents stand out and provide a great user experience for the visitor. Next, we'll use a couple of well-crafted plugins to add new features to the site and extend the functionality of WordPress itself. And finally, I'll give you some tips on testing and securing your site and your content. Your journey to building your own website starts here, and I'm here to show you how to do it right. So let's get cracking with WordPress DIY: Freelance or Independent.
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Establishing the goals for the site
- Making a content inventory
- Adding custom menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Customizing the front page
- Setting up a contact form and social media buttons
- Controlling SEO and social sharing text
- Securing your site and managing spam