Create a website for your small business complete with a contact form, social sharing buttons, a booking/availability calendar, and a photo gallery. Learn how to do it yourself with WordPress.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen and this is WordPress DIY: Small Business. In this part of the WordPress DIY series, we're building a website for a small business from scratch using WordPress, a free theme and a handful of free plugins. By the end of the course, you'll have your very own custom website to support your own small business and you'll have the framework to further extend and customize your site to fit your own needs and desires. We'll start off by planning out the content for the site, what is required, what needs to be created and where does everything go.
Then, we'll install a new theme and customize the appearance of the site to make the content stand out and provide a great user experience for the visitor. Next, we'll use a couple of well crafted plugins to add new features to the site and extend the functionality of WordPress itself and, finally, I'll give you some tips on testing and securing your site and your content. Your journey to building your own website starts right here and I'm here to show you how to do it right so let's get cracking with WordPress DIY: Small Business.
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Establishing the goals for the site
- Making a content inventory
- Adding a custom menu
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Customizing the front page
- Adding promotions
- Setting up a contact form, calendar, and social media buttons
- Securing your site and managing spam