Build a beautiful custom website for your wedding in WordPress with these quick and simple do-it-yourself tips.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen, staff author here at lynda.com, and I'm excited to welcome you to WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events. In this part of the WordPress DIY series, we're building a website for a wedding or other special event from scratch using WordPress, a theme, and a handful of free plugins. We'll start off by planning out the content of the site, what is required, what needs to be created, and where everything goes. Next, we'll look at some free themes well-suited for this type of website, and install and customize one that fits your needs.
Then, I'll show you how to use a group of carefully selected plugins to enhance the user experience of your site and create that private invite-only section complete with customized registration and login pages. And finally, I'll give you some tips on testing and securing your site before launch. WordPress gives you the power to build your own content and control your online presence, and it's a great tool for anyone organizing a wedding or a special event. So let's get cracking, with WordPress DIY Wedding website.
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.