Create custom post types and taxonomies to extend the functionality of WordPress.
(light orchestral music) - [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen. Welcome to WordPress: Custom Post Types and Taxonomies. In this course, I'll show you how to create custom post types and taxonomies in WordPress to manage new types of content and allow for more advanced organization and categorization. To start off, I'll explain what custom post types and taxonomies are, and how they work. Next, we'll build a basic plugin and use it to set up new custom post types with different abilities.
We'll also create several custom taxonomies, both hierarchical and non-hierarchical, and relate them to different post types. And finally, I'll show you how to build custom templates and how to use these to create a better user experience for your visitors. Custom post types and taxonomies make the application do pretty much anything you want. So let's get cracking with WordPress Custom Post Types and Taxonomies.
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
Q: This course was updated on 06/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the Custom Post Type UI plugin; creating custom taxonomies; exporting and importing custom post types, taxonomies, and settings; and making custom post types and custom taxonomies available from the REST API.
WordPress Plugins: Advanced Custom Fieldswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen1h 39m Intermediate
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
8. Tying Custom Post Types and Taxonomies to a theme
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.