- [Instructor] Roughly every six months or so,…a story breaks in the news,…claiming some major security flaw or risk in WordPress,…and pundits and opinionators start talking…about how unsafe WordPress is.…This is to be expected for software…that powers 30% of the Web,…and it's also really confusing…for the people who actually use WordPress.…So is WordPress safe and secure?…Should you trust WordPress to power your website?…The simple answer is WordPress is as secure as it can be,…which isn't really all that comforting.…
A more complicated answer is WordPress itself is secure,…and anytime a security flaw is discovered,…something that happens to all software,…these flaws are fixed very quickly…and shipped to every single site as an automatic update.…Most of the security risks surrounding WordPress have to do…with the environment WordPress is hosted in,…so really the security of the database and file servers…more than security of WordPress.…The other risk is malicious brute-force attacks…mounted by people with bad intentions.…
- Adjusting settings
- Changing discussion and privacy settings
- Using the Customizer to adjust site identity and visuals
- Creating and customizing menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Extending WordPress with plugins
- Adding and managing users
- Managing comments and spam
- WordPress security and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
How WordPress works1m 47s
2. Configuration with the Customizer
3. Extending WordPress with Plugins
5. Security and Maintenance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.