- [Instructor] One of the many advantages…to using the REST API is it opens the door…to display WordPress data in new and different ways.…Of course, this was always possible,…but with the REST API it's much simpler and more inviting.…To give you an example of this,…I've added the Review View…to the exercise files for this movie.…Boot them up in your browser,…and click on the Review button.…And what you'll see is this interactive chart…showing the difference between pre- and post-task…stress levels for tasks over time.…This looks really fancy, but everything that happens…behind the scenes has already been covered in the course.…
I request the send to the REST API…for the most recent tasks,…the data is parsed, and chart is displayed.…Of course right now, you may be thinking to yourself,…I get that data part, but how does this chart work?…The answer is the same as for most…fancy things we do on the web.…There is already a solution for this,…I just customized it for this project.…In this example I'm using the powerful Chart.js library,…
- Planning the application
- Extending WordPress with a plugin
- Setting up the standalone application
- Configuring OAuth 2 in WordPress
- Building the task list view
- Building the new task view
- Creating a new task via the REST API
- Displaying conditional content
- Visualizing data using Graph.js
Skill Level Advanced
1. Plan the Application
2. Extend WordPress with a Plugin
3. Set Up the Standalone Application
Review of user flow2m 34s
4. Build the Task List View
5. Build the New Task View
6. Build the Update/View Task View
7. Bonus Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.