Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Validate settings, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Instructor] Now that we've added a 'Settings' page,…it's time to update and save these settings.…When we're adding settings, we created a function…that didn't really do anything.…It just called another function.…I don't typically write code like that…but I did do it in this case,…because I knew what was coming next.…We need to pass these exact same fields right here…into another function and in the exact same format.…This 'get settings' function here…is actually going to serve two purposes.…
It's used to display the fields…and it's also used to update them.…This is called DRY programming.…DRY means Do not Repeat Yourself.…The idea is that if you ever have to repeat yourself,…you're going to make a mistake.…If you're going to declare fields in one function…and update them in another, you're probably going…to, at one point or another, update one and not the other.…That's why I created this little function…so I only have to update it in one place.…In a previous video, we discovered…a dynamic hook for displaying settings.…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.