Take the next step in WordPress development. Learn how to work with action and filter hooks and use them to customize the behavior of WordPress core, themes, and plugins.
- [Carrie] Howdy. Are you interested in developing plugins or themes for WordPress? Not sure where to dig in? You're in the right place. At the heart of WordPress is an extensive collection of action and filter hooks that give developers a way to interact with WordPress core code. In this course, you'll get a thorough introduction to the WordPress plugin API. You'll learn how to leverage hooks in your code to modify the default behaviors of WordPress, or even themes and plugins. Whether you're a seasoned developer that's never worked with WordPress, or you're a veteran just looking for a deeper understanding of the software, there's something in this course for you. I'm Carrie Dils, and I'd like to welcome you to WordPress: Action and Filter Hooks. Are you ready to get moving? Saddle up your horses, and let's hit the trail!
- Actions and filters explained
- Using arguments to pass data
- Identifying available hooks and filters
- Looking at load order and dependencies
- Understanding callback functions
- Creating a basic WordPress plugin with hooks and filters
- Adding custom hooks
- Using third-party hooks