Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of WordPress Themes: Customizing Themes with Genesis.
- [Instructor] You have access to the same files that I'll be using here in this course. Simply follow the link on the main course page to download them. Now I'm showin' 'em on my desktop here, but you can place them wherever it's convenient for you. Inside of this Exercise Files folder, you'll notice a folder for each chapter of the course where we worked on some code, and inside of that, you'll find the individual files I used.
- Setting the stage for your customization
- Selecting a child theme to customize
- The core of the Genesis framework
- Child theme template structure
- Action hooks and filters in WordPress and Genesis
- Editing theme files
- Editing the style sheet
- Working with functions
- Adding a custom header image
- Registering a widget area
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Stage for Your Customization
2. Explaining Genesis and WordPress
3. Editing Theme Files
4. Working with the Loop
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.