Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Using WordPress image and image gallery functions, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- Up until this point, I've only added pages,…and text within those pages.…And although the text is…the most important component of the site,…it doesn't really look all that attractive…or interesting to the visitor.…So now I need to add some images into the site…to make the site really pop.…And, like I said previously in the course,…I have these great images from Kappen Photography…that I can use in my different pages.…So that's exactly what I'm gonna do now.…Now, there are several different ways…you can add images into WordPress.…And we'll look at all of them in this movie,…starting with what's known as a featured image.…
Featured images are images that are…pulled out of the context of the page or post…and displayed separately.…So for example, if I added a featured image,…I would expect it to appear…above the title of the page,…rather than within the context of the other text.…By contrast, normal images or image galleries…would be added inside the context of the overall text.…So you'd maybe have a paragraph…and then an image and another paragraph.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Pie-Register isn't available through the WordPress plugins directory. How can I use Pie-Register?
A: Visit http://pieregister.com/ and follow the download and installation instructions.
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.