Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the WooCommerce Integration class, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Instructor] Up until now, we've been building…a settings page for some custom functionality…for our own little plugin; but what if you're building…an integration between WooCommerce and another service,…like a newsletter, or some other service…where you usually only have API keys?…When you want to build something like that,…you should use the WooCommerce integration class.…WooCommerce uses this integration class…to group all of these minor integrations together…and to keep them consistent.…Unlike the settings page, the WooCommerce…integration class has a ton of documentation.…
It's a little bit putzier and there's multiple files,…but it is very simple to follow along;…and at the very end, there's the tutorial by me…that shows you everything you need to do…with the integration class.…So if you're connecting your WooCommerce site…to something else, I definitely recommend this;…but if you're building something within your own site,…then let's keep going by building our own settings tab.…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.