The exercise files for this course are available on GitHub. Each video has its own beginning and end state in discrete branches.
- [Instructor] The exercise files for this course are found on GitHub at this URL. This repository is built so there are branches for each of the videos in the course. You can use the branch pop-up on the left-hand side of the GitHub interface to switch to a specific branch and take a look at the code at that stage. For example, the branch 02_02b shows you the state of the code at the beginning of the second movie of the second chapter. While 02_02e shows the code after the movie is completed. The easiest way to use this exercise files is to clone this repository to your computer, and check out the branches as you move forward. You can also navigate to the current movie branch using the branch drop-down, and use this clone download button to download a zip archive of the current branch, but I don't recommend this strategy. If you're unfamiliar with Git and GitHub, or you need a refresher, we have several courses to get you started. If you don't want to use GitHub for the exercise files you can also download them directly from the course page. Whatever you do, make sure you place the exercise files in a dedicated folder under wp-content, and plugins, in your local WordPress development environment. I'll cover that in more detail as we get started in earnest.
- Anatomy of a basic block
- Using attributes to capture data
- Finding and using components
- Adding wide and full block alignments
- Adding style variations to custom blocks
- Creating a dynamic block