Join Joe Dolson for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding test results, part of Accessibility for WordPress.
- View Offline
- Making sense of accessibility test results…isn't always easy, and there's no way I can cover…every possible example in this video.…But I will show a few key examples…and how to interpret them.…So let's do a quick test using the WAVE Toolbar from WebAIM.…When you execute that, it will give you a complex view…of what's going on, on that web page.…It'll show you a lot of details like errors,…alerts, features, structural elements,…HTML5 and ARIA instances and your contrast errors.…
In addition, it includes a detailed outline…showing the entire structure of your headings…and complex information on every single item on the page.…This is a lot of information, so it's a lot to get through…and a lot to understand.…So let's look at a couple specific errors on this page.…So let's take note of how the icons on the page look…and what they mean.…They're color-coded, so each different type of error…demonstrates a different type of group.…Red icons are errors.…
Yellow icons are alerts.…An alert is something that may or may not be a problem,…
This course, merging WordPress coding with accessible web design techniques, helps you make sure your website meets modern accessibility standards. You'll learn how to use the power of WordPress to quickly build a beautiful and accessible website that can be used by people with different types of abilities. Author Joe Dolson provides a broad introduction to accessibility and then focuses on practical steps to make sure your WordPress themes, plugins, and content are accessible and usable to all.
- What is web accessibility?
- Understanding the benefits of accessibility
- Building accessible forms
- Adhering to theme guidelines
- Creating accessible navigation
- Working with images, media, and other accessible content
- Integrating plugins
- Testing your site for accessibility