Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding email deliverability, part of WordPress: Contact Forms.
- [Instructor] There is one potential issue…you might run into with any form plugin.…And that's email deliverability.…What this means is that your form plugin…tries to send an email,…and for whatever reason, it doesn't go through.…That can be a big problem…if you have email notification set up…and you never get notified.…The reason this happens is that many web servers…are designed to send files, like HTML files.…They aren't designed to be email servers.…When regular web servers send emails,…they are sometimes lost,…and sometimes, they're marked as spam.…
So every site should send reliable emails.…And that's why you should use an SMTP service.…This is the service that will send emails for you.…And for most businesses, you need to send so few…that you don't have to pay anything.…So before we install any contact forms,…you want to install an SMTP plugin,…so that emails send correctly.…The nice thing is that no matter what form plugin we use,…the SMTP plugin should work correctly.…There are a couple of options here.…
- Choosing the right plugin for you
- Best practices with forms
- Understanding email deliverability
- Using Jetpack, Contact Form 7, Ninja Forms, and Gravity Forms
- Creating and adding a basic form
- Creating extra fields
- Using conditional logic in your form
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Pluginswith Patrick Rauland2h 27m Intermediate
WordPress Plugins: Advanced Custom Fieldswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen1h 39m Intermediate
1. An Introduction to Contact Forms
2. Using Jetpack Contact Form
3. Using Contact Form 7
4. Using Ninja Forms
5. Using Gravity Forms
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.