- Now that we have the definition for what Business Blogging is, we also wanna understand what the benefits are. So, first let's take a look at some great stats on blogging. B2B marketers who blog receive 67% more leads than those who do not. Companies with a blog receive 97% more links to their website. And 81% of US online consumers trust information and advice from blogs. Those are some really compelling stats.
Blogging helps you attract new buyers at the top of your sales funnel. So, on the left here we have an example of a sales funnel, and blogging really sits right at the top before a person becomes known within your system. So, blogging helps attract the different buyers and customers to your company before they even know who you are. It helps you to establish educational authority in your space, which is extremely important in today's noisy world. You wanna put yourself out there as a thought leader and as an educator, so that your customers will learn to trust you, and a blog is a great way to get you there.
And blogging helps you drive awareness with your audience. Your audience will most likely have never heard of you, and blogging is a great way to get somebody through the door. Blogs are short, they're often funny, they have a humanistic quality to them. They're a great introductor to your company. Business Blogging helps your company be found. It helps create a voice for your company. Within your blogs you can show some of your personality, you can show the personality of your employees. It helps to generate leads.
Blogging is actually a lead-generating activity, since people are subscribing to your blog. Blogging also helps generate inbound links. The more you blog, the more interesting your blogs are, the more people will link back to your site in their own blogs. It also helps you amplify your social campaigns. Since blogging is an activity that's often shared on social media, you can help gain followers and get some more engagement for your social profiles. So, now that you understand why Business Blogging is so important for your company's thought leadership, start thinking about all of the ways that you can incorporate blogs into your current marketing program mix.
Are you a business that needs to start a blog from scratch? Dayna Rothman, senior marketer at Marketo, shows how to choose a blogging platform and design your first blog. Then she dives into creating content that will drive conversions—writing on your own or with inside and outside contributors. Finally, she explains how to promote your blog and measure the impact of your marketing efforts. Start now and learn how to connect with customers and market your business online with great blog content.
- Recognize three factors to consider when selecting a blogging platform.
- Recall the key function of the post title.
- List three characteristics of good visuals for a blog post.
- Determine the first place to promote a blog post.
- Identify the benefits of using influencer marketing strategies.
- Summarize three types of goals you might set for your blog.