Multisite is a hidden feature of WordPress that converts a single site into a network of sites, similar to WordPress.com.
- [Voiceover] Creating a new website…based on the WordPress platform…is as easy as going to WordPress.com,…signing up for a free account,…and after a few clicks,…you're able to publish your own ideas out to to world.…It's super easy to get up and running,…and since someone else is managing the server,…database, and code, you can focus on your content.…The disadvantage is that you may run into limitations…in what you're allowed to do or install on your site.…The alternative is to create your own WordPress install…on your own server, or a shared hosted environment,…and there are many courses…in the lynda.com Online Training Library…to help you do this.…
The challenge is that for every site you set up,…you need to configure all of the site settings,…manage users, install your plugins,…and, perhaps the biggest time sink of all,…selecting and configuring your site theme,…all before you begin focusing on your content,…which is what you really wanted to do in the first place.…If you only need a single website,…then this process is not very difficult,…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.