Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Theme features and customizations, part of WordPress: Building Progressive Themes with WP Rig.
- [Instructor] WordPress provides a long list … of optional features the themes can choose to hook into. … And WP Rig hooks into almost all of these features … to give you a boilerplate starting point … where you can either customize the features … to fit with your particular theme design … or disable them if you don't want them. … These features also serve as a good introduction … to how the object orientation and modularity … of the PHP and WP Rig work. … So let's take a closer look both at the frontend, … the backend, and how the code works. … We'll start in the customizer. … Themes can choose to add support for a custom … logo and a header image. … The custom logo is found under site identity … and here at the top you can select a logo. … And select an image, crop it to fit … the specification of the theme, and then … it appears somewhere within the theme layout. … This functionality, along with all the other … PHP modules, are found under the inc folder. … Here you have specific modules for each …
- Setting up a WordPress theme development environment
- Installing WP Rig
- Building, activating, and testing a new progressive theme
- Editing CSS
- Using web fonts
- Editing existing templates
- Adding advanced features
- Translating a theme
Skill Level Beginner
WP Rig: A primer2m 5s
1. Configure a Development Environment for WP Rig
2. Install and Configure WP Rig
4. PHP and WordPress Templates
6. Extending WP Rig: A Practical Example
7. Going Further with WP Rig
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.