Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing the site before going live, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- At this point,…I've customized my theme.…I've added all my content.…I've added all my plug-ins,…and configured them to work the way I want to.…My site is almost ready to go.…But before we launch it live to the world…and start signing up members,…it's important to test every single aspect of the site…to make sure everything is working…the way it's supposed to.…It means going into every single post…and every single page,…and reading every single piece of content.…Check to make sure the images work.…Check to make sure the links work.…Check to make sure everything works.…
Because this is a site that has advanced functionality,…like forums, and an events calendar,…and submission forms, and so on,…it's important to test these as well.…First, log in as yourself,…and go through every single link and test everything.…Go to the Forums.…Post a forum topic.…Post a response to the forum topic.…Then, when everything works,…and you're sure it works the way you want to,…you can go back and delete it.…Then go to the Events Calendar.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.