Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing the site before going live, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- If you've been following this course from the beginning,…you now have a fully built-out website…for a wedding or other special event…complete with customized user management,…registration, and guest only info and RSVP pages.…But we're not quite done yet.…When building a website, it's important…to make sure everything is working properly…and to check that you've done your part…to ensure those who are invited…to your event are able to register, log in,…and get the information they're looking for.…This is what I call the Launch-Test Phase.…
First, run a full test of the entire site.…That means clicking on every button…and visiting every page, polls,…and other content to ensure all works as intended.…We've done a lot of customization on the site…so it's important at this stage to ensure all works.…Even though this is a fairly small site,…it's important to click all the buttons, fill out every form…and make sure all the information gets…to the right place or the right person at the right time.…Second, test your site against as many platforms…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Pie-Register isn't available through the WordPress plugins directory. How can I use Pie-Register?
A: Visit http://pieregister.com/ and follow the download and installation instructions.
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.