Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing the customer experience, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] We've done a lot to our store,…and you'll probably go on…to continue tweaking your own site.…Once you make changes, it's incredibly important…to test things and make sure your site still works.…I've heard from plenty of store owners…that tested something just for a second…and then forgot to change it back.…And then because they forgot to change it back,…they couldn't accept payment…and they just thought it was a slow week.…There are some services that do automated testing.…Unfortunately, there aren't any…that are totally automated for EDD.…That means you have to test things manually.…
But if you take a look at this page,…you can see a good list of things that you can test,…but that is a lot of work.…I recommend testing the homepage,…a product page, and the checkout…anytime you change something in the back end.…That way you know your store still works.…So let's go back to our site.…And I do recommend doing this from a logged out account.…So I'm just going to copy our URL,…and I'm going to open an incognito window.…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.