Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing the custom post type in WordPress admin, part of WordPress: Custom Post Types and Taxonomies.
…What we created in the previous movie is a very basic custom post type.…You see it show up within our Admin panel as…Testimonials, which is the name we gave to the post type.…And from within Testimonials, we can create…new testimonials by clicking on Add New.…But when I do that, you see, the custom post…that we created isn't really all that different from our posts.…At the top it still says add new post, you can put…in the title and everything else, and then when you save the…post it will say post saved, and if you go back and…search for posts and such, it will still just keep saying post everywhere.…
So the only place you can see that this…is a testimonial is because it's under the Testimonials section.…But if you are creating a custom post type, you…probably want to change the behavior of the post type too.…That's the whole point a new type of content.…You may want to change the name and also the icon.…You may want to add new functionality to the post type, or…maybe change what type of events can happen within the post type.…
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
Creating a basic plugin3m 21s
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.