Before launching a paid membership site, learn how to test every aspect of your site to make sure everything works properly and you are providing the best possible user experience for existing and prospective members.
- [Voiceover] One of the most important steps…in setting up a paid membership site is testing.…Before you take the site live,…you must ensure registration, payments,…and access works as intended across all levels.…This means actually signing up a group…of test users and putting your site…through its paces to make sure everything…is working as it should.…If you're using Stripe as your payment gateway,…you can do extensive testing…not only to make sure everything works correctly,…but also to learn how the gateway itself works.…On the Stripe testing page, you have a long list…of available credit card numbers…to use with your test account…to provide insights into how different types…of cards are handled and what happens…when something goes wrong during the purchase process.…
I recommend trying out several of these numbers…to get a feel for the payment gateway…and how it works before your site goes live.…In particular, I would test out some of these numbers…down here that trigger different types…of error messages inside Stripe…
Choose the solution you think will work for you and watch that chapter, or watch the entire course before making a decision.
- What is a paid membership site?
- Installing plugins
- Configuring membership management pages
- Adding payment options
- Configuring access
- Creating discount codes
- Receiving recurring payments
- Setting up drip content
- Managing members
Skill Level Intermediate
Finance Essentials for Small Businesswith Jim Stice54m 33s Appropriate for all
1. What Is Paid Membership?
2. Building a Paid Membership Site with Restrict Content Pro
3. Building a Paid Membership Site with iThemes Exchange Membership
Thank you1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.