Walk through the key areas of a web host's cPanel, Installatron and File Browser as you create a base install of WordPress.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a few minutes…and explore your test environment.…If you've ever used a web hosting service…that uses the cPanel system,…then you should feel right at home here.…If not, don't worry.…I'll walk you through step-by-step,…everything that you need to know.…The main page is your dashboard.…You can get back to this page…from anywhere in the environment…by clicking on the Dashboard link in the top right.…Your dashboard is arranged as a series…of collections of tools or applications…used to manage a typical web hosting environment.…
The only two sections that we really need…are FILES and WEB APPLICATIONS.…Let's start with WEB APPLICATIONS.…Under Featured Applications,…you should see a link for WordPress.…Click on that to access the Installatron page for WordPress.…Installatron is a tool used to install…open source web applications into your test environment.…In the upper right, there's a button for…Install this application.…To install an application, you simply fill out a form.…
In the field for Directory, type in students.…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.