Taking the time to do proper testing is absolutely important and plays a key role in plugin development. Proper testing helps your plugin to be free of errors on any setup.
- [Instructor] If you made it this far congratulations…our plugin is now complete.…Let's check it out by visiting the plugin page…in the Wordpress admin area.…Here on the plugins setting page the user…can customize the login screen and the admin area.…And configure the plugin options however as desired.…So with everything complete codewise the next important…step is to test and debug the plugin.…
Check each setting, function and so forth.…This is important to do for any plugin that will be…publicly available.…In the previous tutorial preparing for development…we set up Wordpress's debug feature.…The debug feature is enabled via the Wordpress…configuration file to enable debug mode we set the…WP debug constant to true and we also set the debug log…constant to true.…With debug enabled any errors that happened within…Wordpress will be logged in this file.…
Debug.log.…As you develop your own plugins keep an eye on this file,…fixing errors as you go tends to be faster and easier…than trying to test everything all at the same time.…
- WordPress APIs
- Action and filter hooks
- Activating and deactivating plugins
- Plugin security
- Creating the directory and files
- Adding menus and the settings page
- Inserting custom functionality
- Testing and debugging WordPress plugins
- Creating widgets
- Managing users and roles
- Adding custom post types and taxonomies
- Working with custom fields and database queries
- Using APIs: Transients, HTTP, and REST
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress: Developing Secure Siteswith Jeff Starr2h 38m Intermediate
1. First Steps
2. Plugin Basics
3. Building a WordPress Plugin
4. Essential Plugin Techniques
5. Extending Plugin Functionality
6. Advanced Plugin Techniques
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.