Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Success messages and redirects, part of WordPress: Contact Forms.
- [Instructor] Most of the things we're going to do…with forms will be done with settings,…but there are a few things you can do…with the Jetpack contact form with a bit of code.…The first is changing the success message.…Since this is a beginner level course…we're not going to go into the code…but if you're familiar with coding in WordPress…you can follow the code samples on this page…by copying and pasting it into your theme's…functions.php file or into a custom plugin.…If this didn't involve code I would recommend it.…It's one of those small ways…to make your brand shine through.…
It's so much nicer than, "Thanks for submitting the form",…which is very generic.…You can also redirect to a specific page.…You might remember from earlier in the course,…when I mentioned that tracking your form submissions…is possible with Goggle Analytics.…And I also said that page redirects…are the easiest way to do so.…Unfortunately they're not that easy with Jetpack.…You have to customize your site with code, and honestly,…if you weren't comfortable already writing code like this,…
- Choosing the right plugin for you
- Best practices with forms
- Understanding email deliverability
- Using Jetpack, Contact Form 7, Ninja Forms, and Gravity Forms
- Creating and adding a basic form
- Creating extra fields
- Using conditional logic in your form
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Pluginswith Patrick Rauland2h 27m Intermediate
WordPress Plugins: Advanced Custom Fieldswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen1h 39m Intermediate
1. An Introduction to Contact Forms
2. Using Jetpack Contact Form
3. Using Contact Form 7
4. Using Ninja Forms
5. Using Gravity Forms
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.