Students need to have an account on your Multisite Network in order to manage their own site as part of your class, learn a fast way to create all of their accounts.
- Now let's shift gears to our second example…for this course, of creating and managing…a multi-site network for students.…If you're following along,…I'm in the student's or site's multi-site network…that we created in an earlier movie.…Many campuses already have a WordPress multi-site service…available for your students,…so you may be able to simply leverage…that system for your class.…You likely will not be given the same latitude…in managing the site for your students,…but campus implementations generally…have broad campus-wide support…and the advantage of being tied…to your campus single sign on system,…allowing students to use their regular…campus accounts to sign in with.…
If this is available at your campus,…by all means take advantage of it.…If not, then one of the first challenges…that you'll face is how to create accounts…for all of your students in your class.…We've already seen how you can manually create accounts…via the network admin Add User form.…If you have a small class,…this may be a feasible option for you.…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.