Start with a Theme: Magazine Styles in WordPress
This installment of Start with a Theme explains how to set up an online magazine using WordPress and three different themes that result in three completely different looks—without getting bogged down in code. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen helps you get your WordPress site up and running quickly, and add the additional authors (or bylines) and standard content typical of any online magazine. He then illustrates the benefits and drawbacks of each of the three free themes, Max Magazine, Path, and Oxygen, and shows how to install and tweak their unique settings.
- Adding content
- Providing roles and access levels for multiple authors
- Setting up an about page and a contact form
- Installing and activating each theme
- Customizing themes
- Using custom Max Magazine widgets
- Setting up the Oxygen front page
- Configuring widgets and menus in Path
- Getting the word out with social media sharing
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is Morten Rand-Hendriksen and this is Start with a Theme Magazine Styles in WordPress. In this course, we'll look at three different free WordPress themes you can use to create a cool, attractive, and easy to use magazine website. To start off, I'll give you a crash course in user management. Then, we'll take a look at the Max Magazine theme and it's features, we'll swap to the Oxygen theme and look at its more advanced customization options, and finally, we'll activate the Path theme and see what it can do.
The web is a great place to publish your ideas, and making a magazine site with WordPress is now easier than ever. I'm excited to show you how you can get up and running in a snap. So let's get crackin' with Start with a Theme Magazine Styles in WordPress.
Start with a Theme: Food Blogs in WordPress43,952 Views
Start with a Theme: Twenty Fourteen59,339 Views
Creating and Managing a Blog Network with WordPress233,946 Views
Start with a Theme: Video Blogs in WordPress56,812 Views
WordPress 3.8 New Features11,958 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced391,623 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training630,358 Views