Start with a Theme: Food Blogs in WordPress
Learn how to set up a food blog using WordPress and work with two different themes and a plugin to make the blog and its recipes stand out. Morten Rand-Hendriksen, author of the Start with a Theme series, focuses on how to get up and running quickly with these two free themes (Gallery and Truly Minimal) and how to add recipes the smart way with the ReciPress plugin. First, Morten offers tips on running a successful food blog and points out interesting examples of food blogs "in the wild." Then find out how to use the themes to their fullest and get a custom look without having to write or understand the code behind it. And finally, add the ReciPress plugin to share your recipes with the world.
- What are WordPress themes?
- Installing and activating a theme
- Using post formats for better visibility
- Exploring the theme options for Gallery and Truly Minimal
- Adding recipes with ReciPress
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen and welcome to Start with a Theme: Food Blogs in WordPress. In this course, I'll show you how to make an engaging and appetizing food blog using two different themes and a plugin. First, we'll take a look at some popular food blogs and what we can learn from them. Then, we'll install the Gallery theme and explore its features. We'll move on to the truly minimal theme for more advanced features and ad management. And finally, we'll look at how to add recipes to your blog the smart way with the ReciPress plugin.
So let's get cracking with Start with a Theme: Food Blogs in WordPress.
Start with a Theme: Magazine Styles in WordPress93,323 Views
Start with a Theme: Twenty Fourteen58,428 Views
Creating and Managing a Blog Network with WordPress228,885 Views
Start with a Theme: Video Blogs in WordPress55,788 Views
WordPress 3.8 New Features11,906 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
HTML Essential Training3,250,120 Views