Start with a Theme: Creative Portfolios in WordPress
Discover how to set up a portfolio of your work using WordPress and three free themes that result in three unique looks. This Start with a Theme installment focuses on how to get a portfolio site up and running and how to configure the theme options to best suit your type of work, whether it's photography or web design. Author and WordPress aficionado Morten Rand-Hendriksen takes a deep dive through the themes Hatch, Gridly, and Touchfolio; explains their benefits and drawbacks; and shows how to leverage their features without having to write or understand code.
- Understanding what themes are and how they work
- Installing and activating themes
- Setting up an About page and a contact form
- Configuring headers, menus, and backgrounds
- Fixing incorrectly sized images
- Creating albums and galleries
- Adding links to social media sites
- Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen and welcome to Start with a Theme Creative Portfolios in WordPress. In this course I'll walk you through a step-by-step process to build a Portfolio for creative professionals, using WordPress in three different attractive Portfolios Themes. We'll start off by setting up a Portfolio site with WordPress and installing and configuring the Hatch Portfolio theme from the WordPress theme directory. Then we'll change the look of the site to Modern Tiling, or Masonry style layout, by downloading and installing the Gridly theme.
And finally, we'll use the Touchfolio theme for unique and very different look with lots of enhanced functions. Let's get cracking with Start with a Theme Creative Portfolios in WordPress.
College Prep: Writing a Strong Essay28,735 Views
After Effects Artist in Action: Eran Stern's Broadcast Design27,328 Views
5-Day Drawing Challenge: Different Ways to Draw43,972 Views
After Effects Tips and Techniques: Shapes, Text, Masks, and Path Effects80,306 Views
Understanding Maya nCloth89,373 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,259,922 Views
HTML Essential Training3,794,051 Views